Monday, October 03, 2005

The Return

Theme Music: "Beautiful" by Jr. Gong & B. Brown (Yes, that B. Brown)

Peace,

First, I want to say pardon self to my delay in posting. It's been a matter of productivity rather than lack of interest. Besides that, I've had 3 drafts erased by google maintenance or computer shutdowns. I have a lot to say, b.u.t. now I'm going to space it out so that I'm more consistent. Here we go:

- Both Justice Rajee and Sha-King posted earlier this week about how they began the process of getting Knowledge of Self. It took me back to those respective times and allowed me recollect on my own experience of adding on to the NGE. It was 1991, and positivity in Hip Hop was in the throes of it's downward slope. Coming from a "conscious" family, it was easy for me to identify with the earlier ideas of PE, KRS, Rakim, etc... I'll never forget seeing the Universal Flag in Rakim's video for 'Move The Crowd', and wondering "What the hell is that?" As time went on, however, I began to become more interested in the music of those who identified themselves as "Five Percenters", specifically Brand Nubian, PRT, & King Sun (Righteous But Ruthless is the joint to this day).

Around the same time, I began to look for more than my Muslim background provided me with. My uncle, (who was/is a Muslim) began to tell me about the "five percent" who would hold ciphers at Temple University and use all kinds of "funny names and numbers"(little did he know that I was already interested). Based on what my uncle told me +Who he introduced me to + the music, I wanted to learn more. At that time, there was a large Ansaar community in Philly, and they were selling a book entitled "The Book Of The Five Percenters" (I now know that the purpose of the book was to deceive, and I wouldn't suggest that anyone learn from a source other than a qualified God or Earth, which I eventually did, b.u.t. I'll get into later). One September night while grabbing a cheesesteak at their restaurant, I noticed the book, and asked my Old Moon(Mother) to buy it, which she did.

After getting the book, I learned Supreme Mathematics and the Supreme Alphabet, and tried to get a basic idea of the history of the Nation. At this point, I would meet different Gods and build with them, b.u.t. I wasn't in the NGE per se. During Kwanzaa of 1991, my mother and father held a large party/feast (depending on how cultural you are) at our home for friends, family and members of their extended network. The surprise guest of the event was a girl who I hadn't seen for a number of years due to her family moving to Allah's Garden (Atlanta, GA). The true surprise was that she came back from ATL with the knowledge of herself! (Remember, I was 15) We got down and started to add on based on what we both knew,which wasn't very much.
Within months, The young sister eventually moved back to Philly, and met another young Earth at Overbrook High. The Earth in turn introduced me to her father, Divine Justice Allah. He took me under his wing, and the rest is my history...

Sha and Just, I am honored to be apart of both of your respective histories, just as I am honored that great men like Divine Justice Allah, Zyhier Allah, and Ramel Supreme Allah assisted me in the process of uncovering the greatness of myself. We will continue to teach and make Allah World Manifest for all people at all times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minister Faust said...

Brother, your site is terrific, but you're being spammed by automated advertisers. Adjust your settings on "allow comments."

I would like to ask you some questions about NGE. Please send me an email so we can connect.

Hotep,

Minister Faust

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home